AT A GLANCE
PROFESSIONAL INVESTMENT ADVISORY
Orlando Management is an independent Private Equity firm with its head office in Munich, Germany and Stockholm, Sweden. Orlando Management advises and supports the Private Equity Funds „Special Situations Venture Partners, L.P.“, „Special Situations Venture Partners II, L.P.“ and „Special Situations Venture Partners III, L.P.“ with approx. EUR 650 m equity under management.
ROLE OF ORLANDO
Orlando Management advises the investors of the Special Situations Venture Partners funds mainly to invest in situations ranging from complex restructuring and special situations to successions in the German speaking geographies.
TEAM WITH PROFOUND EXPERIENCE IN HANDS-ON MANAGEMENT
The team has many years of experience in due diligence, acquiring and managing industrial and service companies as well as in management consulting. Its focus is set on succession issues and strategic alignments of subsidiaries / business units of major corporations.
LONG-TERM VALUE ENHANCEMENT
The funds advised by Orlando set their focus on long-term value enhancement. Their success is not based on financial engineering, but on improving operating earnings. This is accomplished in close cooperation with management, which has a vested interest in the company’s success. The main objectives are to stabilize and improve earnings through entrepreneurial measures with regard to liquidity, sales and profitability.
LONG TERM PERSPECTIVE
ENTREPRENEURSHIP WITH FOCUS
Orlando Management’s roots are in the classic investment business: like-minded investors coming together to invest their capital in private companies, far away from the stock markets’ short-term orientation, with a view towards giving constructive strategic direction.
The objective is long-term value creation through superior “Corporate Governance” and a focus on the company’s strengths.
We find custom-tailored solutions. Practice-oriented, reliable and fast – in close contact with sales staff. We check thoroughly, then decide fast. Our funds’ portfolio companies are managed separately and the business models are tailor-made to specific requirements. Cross-subsidization between companies in the portfolio does not occur.
OVER 70 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Orlando Management AG is led by five partners who have been active in the private equity business since 1990. A diverse team of professionals supports the partners in consulting and due diligence as well as in controlling, tax and legal issues and back-office activities. The Orlando team look back on 70 years of executive management and board experience in medium-sized companies as well as by complementary expertise in technical, business and legal issues.
Dr. Henrik Fastrich
- Co-Founder of GMM Active Equity AG (PE Boutique) in 1995
- Senior project leader with McKinsey & Co., Munich & Madrid
- PhD in Business Administration from University of St. Gallen
- Partner of GMM Active Equity AG from 1999 – 2001
- Senior project leader with McKinsey & Co., Munich, Oslo, Chicago
- Mechanical engineering degree from ETH Zurich and an MBA from INSEAD, Fontainebleau
Dr. Stephan Rosarius
- Private Equity experience since 2003
- M&A consultant with Goldman Sachs, Frankfurt
- PhD in Business Administration from Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich
- Managing Director in several “mittelständischer” companies
- Project leader at McKinsey & Co., Munich
- Civil engineering degree from TU Munich, MBA from IESE in Barcelona and Kellogg Northwestern University, Chicago
- Joined Orlando Management in 2009
- Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, London
- Studies of business administration in St. Gallen (HSG), Singapore (SMU), London (LSE) and Chicago (Booth)
- Investment Director
- Associate Principal at McKinsey & Company, Zürich
- Studies of business administration at The Univerity of St. Gallen (HSG), Singapore Management University (SMU), University of Pennsylvania (Wharton School) and MBA at INSEAD Singapore and Fontainebleau
- Director Human Resources & Executive Development
- Principal with The Boston Consulting Group, Munich
- Studies of business administration at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (WFI) and EDHEC Lille
- Investment Associate
- Project leader at EY (once Ernst & Young), Hamburg and Munich
- Consultant at Porsche Consulting, Stuttgart
- Bachelor of Science (International Business) at Maastricht University and City University of Hong Kong
- Master of Science (Finance & Investments) at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Investment Associate
- J.P. Morgan Investment Banking/M&A, Frankfurt
- Master of Science in Finance and Private Equity at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)