We understand that our activities have an impact on the environment and on the people and communities where we and our portfolio companies operate. We believe that engaging with a broad set of investment criteria that includes environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) considerations mitigates risk and helps to capture long-term value. Orlando has made a public commitment to incorporate ESG principles in the way we behave by developing our ESG Policy.
We endeavour to be a forward-looking, responsible owner and a partner to all the stakeholders with whom we work, including employees, customers, suppliers, management teams, board members, industrial advisers and society at large.
We are signatories to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), and incorporate environmental, social and governance principles into our investment analysis, decision-making processes, ownership policies and practices.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND GOVERNANCE POLICY
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues impact the communities where Orlando and our portfolio companies operate. Orlando recognises this and has made a public commitment to incorporate ESG principles in the way we behave.
Orlando‘s „Responsible Investment Policy” was developed in alignment with the requirements of the UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of the United Nations as well as the OECD guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
In accordance with our own and PRI guidelines, all partners and employees of Orlando are expected to conduct their activities in accordance with the following business principles:
- Seek to grow and improve portfolio companies for long-term sustainability and for the benefit of multiple stakeholders
- Act as a responsible steward of investors’ capital and portfolio companies’ businesses.
- Embed ethical, responsible and rigorous decision-making into investment processes and portfolio management activities
- Adopt effective corporate governance structures which provide appropriate levels of oversight and accountability both at portfolio company level and internally within Orlando Management
- Manage risks effectively and seek to minimise or mitigate any adverse effects on the environment, community, workers and other stakeholders
- Communicate effectively and transparently with investors, portfolio company management, other stakeholders and the general public
- Maintain strict anti-corruption policies
- Align financial rewards with financial performance